Mozilla Firefox is a free and open source web browser managed by the Mozilla Corporation.
Firefox currently is used by approximately 30% of web users in the world with the highest usage coming from the German (55%) and Polish (47%) web users.
Firefox recently announced it would be updating the browser on a faster release cycle to ensure that users of the software get the latest updates as soon as possible.
The latest version of Firefox Beta has the following changes:
- Drastically improved memory usage,
- Added a new rendering backend to speed up Canvas operations on Windows systems,
- Bookmark and password changes now sync almost instantly when using Firefox Sync,
- Added support for text-overflow: ellipsis,
- Added support for the Web Timing specification,
- Added an opt-in system for users to send performance data back to Mozilla to improve future versions of Firefox. This can be enabled by installing an add-on,
- Stability Issue Fixes.